What is a master networker and what does it take to become one? One of my favorite master networkers is Bud Selig, a Milwaukee native and commissioner of Major League Baseball. Bud, like many great individuals who focus on the principles required to be a good networker, applies these six simple guidelines:
- Identify your best advisors and wingmen, and listen to them
- Remain upbeat in bad situations
- Never lose the common touch, no matter what their position in life may be
- Approach networking as a place to give and serve
- Reach out to others and don’t be afraid to ask
- Always follows up on referrals
As an added bonus to this week’s weekly tips, download my “Get Out There & Introduce Yourself” worksheet here.