I feel strongly about planning for success and happiness. A great way to do this is to plan your ideal day, identifying priorities and budgeting your time. One of my favorite planning tools is my life decision wheels. The process of completing it requires you to be aware of where you are, what you’re doing and where you are going.
Develop the habit of being more mindful by planning for the eight most important aspects of your life:
- Career: What do you do for a living? What would you like to do?
- Financial: Are you thriving or just surviving on your salary?
- Relationships: How would you describe your social life? What are your relationships like? Are you happy with where you are?
- Health and fitness: Do you make time for exercise? Are you happy with who you are?
- Contribution to Charity: It’s been said that it’s better to give than to receive. Is there a charity or cause to which you donate or volunteer time?
- Personal Growth: Have you taken any “me time” recently? How are you striving to improve yourself or burnish your skills? Are you a continuous learner?
- Spiritual Growth: Are you part of a church or faith community? Are you forming relationships with others? How important is the spiritual component of your life?
- Recreation: What are you doing to get away? What do you like to do on weekends or vacation time?
Often times I meet people who are so focused on one wheel that the others become deflated. Life is nothing more than a balancing act, and to do it well takes planning and focus. Put your plan on paper and use it as a guide to keep you on track to achieve the life you want.
Want to steps are you taking each day to plan your ideal life?